Bone and Joint Clinic of Baton Rouge is a private practice group orthopedic clinic. Several of our surgeons are actively engaged in clinical research - both industry sponsored studies and investigator-initiated studies.
The Research Coordinator works under the general supervision of Orthopedic Surgeon Principal Investigators and the Research Projects Director to carry out clinical trial operations. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Becoming familiar with all aspects of study protocols.
- Deciphering medical histories and test results
- Assisting with recruiting patients for enrollment
- Consenting and tracking subjects in trials according to the study protocol
- Coordinating and conducting all aspects of Patient Visits
- Collecting, entering and maintaining all records for study subjects, including source document maintenance and electronic data capture (EDC) completion
- Assist with monitoring visits
- Assist with regulatory duties (Sponsor and IRB compliance requirements, etc) as needed
- Taking patient phone calls concerning study visits, procedures and concerns
- Assist with clinic-wide patient reported outcome (PRO) data collection program. (Acting as a resource for clinic patients and staff regarding this data collection.)
- Degree in life sciences, public health or related area.
- Experience in health care preferred. Must be willing to assist with medical procedures in office and collect data in the operating room.
- Must be able to work independently with strong work ethic.
- Willing to maintain CITI training/ certifications as required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize efforts on multiple projects and work efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with patients, families, and medical professionals and study sponsor representatives.
- High computer literacy and written communication skills required
Please email CV to Adaire O’Brien, Research Projects Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.