Dr. Mazoch is a Fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon in arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine. He spent additional time after orthopedic residency working with many of the internationally recognized leaders in the field of arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgery to master complex procedures in the shoulder, knee, hip, and elbow.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- athletic shoulder injuries
- pain and difficulty with overhead activity
- rotator cuff tears and repair
- arthritis and shoulder replacement
- instability and labral tears
- throwing pain
- athletic injuries in the knee
- meniscus tears
- ACL and other ligament pathology
- pain, arthritis, and mal-alignment
- athletic hip injuries and snapping hip
- labral tears and impingement
- activity related hip pain
- tennis elbow(lateral epicondylitis) and golfer’s elbow(medial epicondylitis)
- pain with activity, throwing, and instability
Education and Background
Dr. Mazoch grew up on a beef cattle farm and is an avid outdoorsman. He is an LSU fan and a Baton Rouge native. He graduated Valedictorian from Catholic High School. He then graduated Summa Cum Laude from LSU with numerous other awards and honors. He graduated at the top of his class in medical school at LSU, receiving Honors in all his clinical rotations and serving as president of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honors society. He completed his orthopedic residency at the University of Arkansas for the Medical Sciences where he consistently performed over the 98thpercentile nationally on all his in-training and Board exams. He has ten peer-reviewed research publications and has presented his work at both national and international meetings. He completed Fellowship training at Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopedic center and Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine where he received additional training from internationally renowned experts in arthroscopic and minimally invasive surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North American, and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine.
Message from Dr. Mazoch: Thank you for considering the Bone and Joint Clinic of Baton Rouge for your musculoskeletal needs. I look forward to the opportunity to care for you or your family’s bone or joint problems. I will always strive to provide the best care for your loved ones regardless of the condition. I hope you have a great day and GEAUX TIGERS.